Who We Are
Storyblocks is a different kind of content company delivering a fresh approach to meet the creative needs of a new generation of storytellers. Built on the belief that all stories deserve a chance to be told, Storyblocks provides video, audio, images and easy-to-use creative tools through its unique subscription model. By offering unlimited downloads and continually adding fresh content, Storyblocks challenges the paradigm that your ambitious vision requires deep pockets. We are committed to empowering storytellers by removing creative barriers and democratizing video creation.
Driven by a set of five company core values, our culture is shaped by a love for data, fearless communication, community, zero egos, and everyone emptying the dishwasher (both literally and figuratively). Also, loving dogs. That's pretty important too.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Storyblocks has been recognized as one of Washington D.C.'s Top Workplaces by The Washington Post, among the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal, and by the Washingtonian as one of DC's 50 Great Places to Work.
Who You Are:
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our fast-growing Product team comprised of Product Managers, Designers, and UX Researchers. Sitting in the Content product group, you'll focus on how content (footage, music, templates, etc.) fits into our customers' creative workflows. The Content group owns all parts of the content lifecycle - to include sourcing from contributors and artists, the metadata and search algorithms we leverage to surface our content, and the user-facing search and discovery experience that enables users' to find the content they need to tell their stories. Our diverse customer base range from professional video creators in companies large and small, to teachers creating educational videos and YouTubers.
You are intellectually curious, user-focused, and are excited to deliver value to our customers and subsequently drive business value. You take ownership and have high-standards for your work. You are positive, resilient, and display flexibility when problem solving and receiving feedback. You thrive in leading cross-functional teams with context (not control), and are fluent in making and communicating data-informed product decisions.
This role can be based out of the Washington, DC metropolitan area or can be remote, anywhere in the US.
What You'll Do:
Product Strategy & Delivery
- Become an expert on our products, customers, and industry; advocate for our customers
- Own strategy and roadmap for your product areas. Set clear team objectives that tie back to company level strategy, develop product hypotheses and methods to validate, and deliver against impact-driven milestones.
- Lead a cross-functional team of of developers, designers, analysts, and partner with content acquisition and data science teams to achieve shared objectives
- Establish and monitor progress against KPIs to measure success and course correct
- Research, synthesize, and communicate user and market insights; partner with Design and Analytics to conduct continuous user research and distill findings
- Communicate strategy, goals, hypotheses, learnings, and progress to your team, leadership, and other stakeholders
- Translate “what” to build into clear requirements and user stories; prioritize what goes into a sprint, and groom upcoming work
- Create, define and release product improvements using Agile principles
- Product discovery: contribute to product team's effort to refine customer research and feedback loops
- Product delivery: partner with Engineering and Design to refine and improve agile development rhythm
What You Bring to the Table:
- 4+ years proven track record of shipping SaaS products that users love, and driving business impact
- Experience with search products a bonus
- Experience with video creation, content products, and/or creative background is a bonus
- Ability to make evidence-based product decisions that combine user empathy with qualitative and quantitative data
- Strength in partnering with stakeholders, ranging from data scientists to content acquisition teams to leadership, to drive outcomes
- Strong analytical chops. Experience choosing the right metrics for the team to stay intellectually honest about progress and milestones
- Experience with Lean and Agile processes
What We Bring to the Table:
- Competitive and fair compensation: We believe in fair pay--equal pay for equal work. For each title, we have consistently applied competitive salary bands based on market data and benchmarks. What you've been paid before, fear of conflict, or willingness to negotiate does not play a part.
- Company-paid medical: Our medical, dental and vision premiums are covered 100% for you and your dependents.
- Paid parental leave: Welcoming new family members is exciting, but it can also be challenging. We offer twelve weeks paid leave for primary caregivers and four weeks for secondary caregivers. Additionally, we have a dedicated private nursing room available to new parents.
- Unlimited vacation: At Storyblocks we take vacation seriously. That means take the time off when you need it. Don't worry about tracking hours or accounting for partial days. Typically employees take about three or four weeks each year.
- Flexible work-from-home options: Much of our workflow is online, and for meetings, we have dedicated video-conferencing setups. As long as you deliver results, you are welcome to get your work done outside of the office or during unusual times when desired.
- Company-sponsored mentorship and growth: We have a formal mentorship program that involves regular career and growth conversations. "360-degree" feedback is collected twice a year and synthesized into actionable, peer-reviewed, performance reviews. We happily foot the bill for conferences and online courses that will add value to the organization. We encourage attending meetups and are happy to host them as well.
- **Casual Work Environment:**Sure we all get dressed up once in a while, but in general we want you to be comfortable at the office – whatever that means to you (flip-flops, shorts, jeans, etc.).
- Fully stocked kitchen: Everyone gets input on the food and drinks we stock in our shared refrigerators and snack room. We have multiple mechanisms for making coffee and cold-brew kegs are often on tap.
- **Dogs in the office:**We love dogs and we will probably love your dog too. With help from a calendar, we allow employees to bring in their dogs to help guide us through the day.