Our client has been innovating in the trading sector since their inception, and they need to bring on a very strong senior level Linux engineer. This is a highly technical role and perfect for someone who likes to be in the weeds with the systems.
- Ideally 7+ years of experience, but if you believe strongly in your Linux chops and are at 5, go ahead and throw your hat in the ring here.
- BS or BA degree in computer science or related field preferred
- System performance analysis, tuning, and experience solving technical issues
- Proven grasp of Linux kernel tuning and operating system semantics
- High Availability, clustering, failover, and load balancing
- Virtualization experience including VMware vSphere or ESX server and/or SAN experience a plus
- Strong scripting abilities using Perl, Python, and/or bash/ksh
- Knowledge of LVM, ext3, filesystem tuning, OpenSSH, LDAP, Kerberos, and related services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills