Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Prudence, and Techstars who have backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a smart, resourceful, and self-sufficient individual to join our growing team. You're a great communicator, both written and verbal, enjoy sourcing and talking to prospects, and find joy in connecting people with common interests. You're excited to work with a team that is building the partners we will work with long-term.
You will talk to our customers and advise them on their mortgage options while at the same time helping us build a scalable, repeatable product and sales model that can one day serve millions of homebuyers. Every customer is different, but you'll be creative and analytical enough to become a domain expert and figure out solutions.
this job requires the candidate to become a licensed mortgage broker within the first 2 months of employment— don’t worry, we’ll help you study and plan the post exam celebration!!
- Become a mortgage expert by learning the "ins and outs" of the mortgage industry, from how to price out different mortgage options to understanding the big picture of the real estate ecosystem and how we fit within it.
- Be the wise, friendly face of Morty to our customers. You'll be talking to them via phone, email, chat, text, or video and guiding them through their home purchase.
- Recommend loan options to customers based on their specific situation, and be able to clearly articulate Morty's value propositions to customers who don't yet know us.
- Devise and implement systems and processes in order to productize our workflows and ensure that every customer gets the same level of service and expertise.
- Manage and track a lengthy customer sales funnel in order to prioritize action items and to improve conversion and customer satisfaction over time.
- Be the voice of the customer to the engineering, product and customer success teams, and be a resource for those teams when they need your mortgage expertise.
- Strong quantitative skills. Proficient at Excel.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in finance, business or mathematics. Previous sales experience a plus.
- Willing and able to learn quickly. Self starter with a “No task is too big or small” attitude.
- Ability to prioritize a multitude of different tasks without micromanagement.
- Excited to join a startup and put in the hustle required to get things done!