Loan Processing Associate
- New York, NY, USA
Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’re building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Morty was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, Lerer Hippeau, Prudence, and Techstars who have backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a smart, organized, resourceful, and self-sufficient individual to join our growing team. You’ll be responsible for managing a pipeline of loans, making sure each loan gets to the closing table, managing the relationship with partners and service providers, and anticipating problems along the way. You’re a no excuses, get stuff done type of person who is always looking to improve upon current processes to make things better moving forward.
- Manage a pipeline of active loans from when a customer commits to working with Morty through the closing of their mortgage.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the homebuyer throughout their mortgage process.
- Work with our lender partners and other third parties to close the loan seamlessly.
- Facilitate transparency and clear communication between Morty and all parties involved in the loan transaction.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- At least 2 years of experience in mortgage, lending, or financial services.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage and prioritize a large number of tasks without micromanagement. Ability to meet and manage deadlines.
- Results-driven, persistent, and creative. Ability to stay calm and level-headed in stressful or frustrating circumstances.
- Excited to join a startup and put in the hustle required to get things done!