New York, NY / Remote
Morty is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. We believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. We’ve built the first-ever, digital mortgage marketplace to make this possible.
Founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers, Morty is a Techstars Barclays NYC company backed by top investors including Thrive Capital, Prudence Holdings, and Lerer Hippeau, who share our vision to empower consumers and democratize mortgages.
Good design and user experience isn't an afterthought at Morty – it's core to our mission and our key competitive advantage. Mortgages are complicated, but we believe that good design can make them easier. At Morty, design impacts every part of our business from marketing, to product, engineering, acquisition, loan origination, and partnerships.
As a product designer at Morty, you'll have a broad impact by helping to understand our customers and translating their needs into products that help the business achieve its goals.
Who we’re looking for
- Experience working with the entire design lifecycle including product strategy, research, UI/UX design, visual design, prototyping and user testing.
- Ability to execute, lead, and oversee functional visual and interaction designs, including layout, hierarchy, typography, composition, UX, and UI.
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and nuanced product workflows and translate them to simple, intuitive designs.
- Strong product mindset and willingness to collaborate with engineering, marketing and loan origination teams to shape the product and user experience.
- You enjoy creating elegant, well-researched and tested solutions, but you’re agile and pragmatic enough to know when and how to make compromises in order to ship faster and continuously iterate.
- Strong quantitative skills and a desire and willingness to learn about the mortgage industry.
- Expertise in Sketch, Figma, and Adobe Suite.
- Self-sufficient prototyping skills in programs like Invision.
- Experience using analytics platforms to inform your design decisions.