Our specialty chemicals client is in need of a talented SysAdmin to join the team at their Curtis Bay location. This role does require experience in a manufacturing environment as you will need to troubleshoot laboratory equipment as well.
You will be providing helpdesk and troubleshooting support and expertise to all users of computers and phone systems. This includes PCs, hardware, LAN and WAN, network equipment, phone systems and all related equipment.
You must possess these skills:
- The ability to work independently within tight deadlines and balance your workload effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills - you're a team player
- You are results oriented with a ‘can-do’ attitude, adaptability, flexibility and creativity
- You possess strong written and verbal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly
- You are able to recognize and tackle opportunities to improve processes and services
- You “think out of the box” when solving complex service problems
What you MUST bring to the table:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Intel based PCs, Servers & Cisco Network equipment
- A Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in related field
- Experience in SAN, VMware, Xerox Printers, AVAYA PBX, Data Protector and Veeam
- A broad range of experience (e.g. extensive knowledge of Intel based hardware; Microsoft based operating systems and Microsoft Office software.
- Telephony experience (VoIP, AVAIA PBX, Smartphones)
- Cisco networking technologies (Switches, Wireless Controller, Access Points)
- Cable experience - familiarity with voice and data cabling requirements (CAT6,7 and fiber)
- Extensive knowledge of Information Technology deployed in a manufacturing environment