Our client has built out a tech-driven trading/crowdfunding platform for an historically closed market -- and due to their work this market has been opened up to the open market.
The need to bring on a very senior engineer to shape the team, roadmap, and technical strategy. They have a good stack (React + Redux, Python, Django, PostgreSQL) but they're decidedly dogmatic about your background - any JVM language will do, and better if you've mastered a number of languages during your career.
Some of the things you'll do:
A little about you:
- Mentor more junior engineers
- Build high-availability and security into the core architecture
- Help scale the marketplace
- Design and implement the systems to power seamless funding and cash distribution
- Build data-centric services
- Strong understanding of OOP and Computer Science fundamentals, including algorithms and data structures
- A strong passion for engineering and a sense of ownership of your code and outcomes
- Experience with test automation, continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with Agile software development methods
- Great written and verbal communication skills, comfortable discussing technical problems with peers
- Self-starter, thriving in a startup environment