This role is central to the success of the core service that our client provides. You will be improving upon the storage platform that is the foundation upon which the company has been built.
Some of what you'll do:
- Extend core subsystems. (Tech used: C, Haskell, Node, Python)
- Own portions of the object store architecture
- Make tough decisions regarding when, how and why certain investments should be made.
- Deliver continued improvements
- Contribute to and improve the SDLC
- Collaborate with the team
So what should you have?
- 3+ years of significant C or C++ development experience writing high quality production software.
- You’ve built and utilized advanced data structures in real workloads.
- Working knowledge and experience with core systems concepts including computer architecture, design, filesystems, multithreading, networking, and operating systems.
- You’ve read at least 2 interesting papers in the systems domain over the last year.
- A track record of accountability, autonomy, collaboration, pragmatism and discipline.
Bonus points if you've written some kernel code at some point for a production op system, and can demonstrate domain expertise in at least one area in systems programming.