Our client has built a wildly successful, indispensable platform for music artists looking to increase exposure. They're funded by top tier investors and are continuing to grow in popularity and reach every year.
This PM role is on the Insights and Data Team, whose focus is to understand the needs and behaviors of the user base and to make those needs a reality in the product offering.
This role puts you at the very intersection of product, data, and user research, where you'll be asked to think like a business-savvy data scientist, a data-driven businessperson, and a research-driven user advocate all at once.
What you'll do
- Deepen your consumer product skillset
- Sharpen your data science skillset
- Involvement with user research and turning qualitative feedback into quantifiable results
- Advancing within the growing Insights and Data team
What you bring
- You will advocate for the user by bringing your understanding of the data and user problems to bear
- Work with the engineering teams to identify and implement client side analytics tracking that, in turn, answer important business questions and lead to deeper insights.
- Develop dashboards to be consumed by senior management. Tell the correct story with data and help senior product management make the right decisions to grow our business.
- Work directly with Data Scientists and Engineers to ensure the data roadmap is being correctly implemented, the data is clean, and dashboards are reliable.
- Manage the scrum board for Data Science and User Research resources
- Participate in exploratory data analysis
- Represent your team in communication with product, engineering, and business leadership
- Perhaps most importantly, contribute to a culture that values iteration in all things
Brownie points for
- Expertise in data analytics, deriving insights from them & making data-driven decisions
- Strong analytical mindset & existing knowledge of SQL
- 3-5 years experience in Product Management in a strongly technical team
- Expert Agile/SCRUM experience
- Servant Leader mentality
- Experience in consumer technology companies
- Prior engineering experience
- Experience with large columnar databases like BigQuery or Redshift
- Previous startup experience