In 4 years my client has grown from a bootstrapped startup to the global leader in recurring billings/subscriptions, processing 10's of millions of payments every single week. Their team of 100+ is fully remote, so to be successful in this role you must be able to work independently, be dependable, and be available.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion the values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Write code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Implement new technologies to solve technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Work with engineering and product managers to understand roadmap priorities.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 4+ years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Knowledge of one of the following languages: Python, Nodejs, Ruby
- Proficient with Python (or willing to learn and can demonstrate ability to learn languages quickly)
- Ability to design and implement RESTful APIs
- Experience with Cloud Platforms such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience with Docker, auto-scaling, serverless infrastructure
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a boot-strapped start-up
- Excellent communication skills, a team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired