Our client manages global investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments, and charitable foundations. They are engineering systems to understand the world, and have invented, and keep inventing, superior approaches to investing and technology. Position Summary
The goal of the Client Service department is to provide world-class, unmatched service to clients solving difficult investment problems and planning investment strategies. Embedded within the Client Service department is a uniquely talented technology teambuilding the tools that enable and enhance the way Client Service’s business users research markets and portfolios and interact with clients. The tools tackle problems for data pipelining, to portfolio logic, to data visualizations.
The Sr. Fullstack Engineer will work within the Client Service department focusing the majority of their time (~70%+) on the frontend development of tools, but must also be able to understand and contribute to additional areas of the stack as the role requires frequent collaboration with engineers such as their backend teams building tools from the platform level, security engineers designing their systems secure architecture, and UI/UX engineers designing the ultimate product.
We think you’ll click with them if you
You’ll Spend Your Time
- Act like an owner consistently holding a high bar for the quality of your code and are passionate about doing things the “right way.”
- Anticipate problems and complications, and formulate solutions to unblock the progress of the project.
- Act as an owner, assume responsibilities, and drive issues to resolution.
- Can react to a mission critical problem in an excellent way, and not sacrificing quality over speed.
- Are open-minded, appreciate direct feedback, and revel in intellectually rigorous environments.
- Developing extremely sophisticated tools and collaborating with some of their most sophisticated investors within their Research department – they don’t have a product for 1B casual users, but instead have products that empower a handful of the world’s sharpest and most engaging minds.
- Operating within a dynamic team focused on frontend development but also working with engineers from several different areas of focus.
- Mentoring junior engineers.
- Strong computer science fundamentals with a mastery of fullstack development
- 8-10+ years professional software development experience in technically rigorous environments holding extremely high bars for their engineers.
- Experience with both frontend and backend engineering, with a preference for the frontend