Our client is a global non-profit organization operating like a tech startup. They are focused on providing support directly to people suffering extreme poverty, without the typical red tape that diminishes the impact of contributions. They're looking for a Finance Manager to join the team and spearhead critical aspects of their financial operations and reporting.
You will lead the finance work in the US, including driving important global planning, analytical, and regulatory processes. Reporting directly to the CFO, you’ll join finance colleagues in 7 other countries in ensuring the mechanisms we build to deliver money to the poor are secure and transparent. We're looking for someone with an endless drive for improvement, an ability to deliver high-quality accounting on tight deadlines, and the flexibility to adapt to quickly changing needs while being highly detail-oriented. We are a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
What we’re looking for
- Lead US and aspects of global annual and monthly close activities, managing balance sheet and P&L accounts, conducting reconciliations, and executing bookkeeping journal entries on a timely basis.
- Lead the annual financial and US federal programmatic audits and production of year-end financial statements. Ensure timely and efficient tax reporting and compliance with other statutory requirements, such as the Form 990, liaising with advisors.
- Lead the weekly payables process and proactively coordinate with vendors, our external accounting partners, and the team to ensure accurate and timely pay cycle.
- Process and streamline payroll & onboarding, benefits processes, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance to local regulation while minimizing manual work.
- Maintain, scale up, and implement financial processes, reporting, policies, and controls, collaborating with the rest of the finance team and the revenue and operations teams.
- Qualified CPA or equivalent and 4-5 years experience in accounting or finance, preferably in a Big 4 accounting firm or startup or nonprofit environment. Experience with financial analysis, understanding of GAAP accounting principles and best practices, and preferably audits of similar sized nonprofits.
- Strong technical skills in Excel and financial & accounting software (e.g. Intacct, QuickBooks).
- An ability to work collaboratively and candidly in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Reliable self-starter with keen eye to detail, a strong ownership mindset, and the desire to continuously improve.
We offer competitive salaries, unlimited days off, and comprehensive health plans!