One of the largest data driven cross-platform companies in NYC, serving a combined 40 million+ unique users per month, is looking for an exceptional Senior Software Infrastructure Engineer to join the Enterprise Connectivity and Integration group.
They are seeking creative thinkers who bring a results-oriented approach to software delivery, and someone with:
You're an engineer who thrives on a challenge, loves working in a high throughput, low latency and secure-server environment, and has an interest in using open-source technologies and solving integration problems to build a high performance distributed system to support asynchronous workflows and faster fault recovery.
- Build new functionality and features as they extend their capability with a generic messaging framework that includes routing and processing heavy traffic loads in a variety of circumstances.
- Experience in programming in either C++, Java, C# or Python; expertise with data structures and algorithms
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming and experience applying modern design patterns
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience in designing and building REST API's for web delivery of human and machine readable data
- Experience with open source technologies like Play Framework, Redis, Consul and Kubernetes, AngularJS & Scala
- Expertise working with data structures and algorithm; and strong problem solving skills
- Experience building products using open source technologies such as Hadoop Kafka, Hbase, STORM, Flink
- Expertise in data structures and algorithm along with strong problem solving skills
- Architect scalable and secure enterprise messaging systems, leveraging industry standards like IBM MQ as well as Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Engage in developing automated tools to provision new servers, reallocate resources, track performance issues and analytics
- Dive efficiencies in systems; design, build and deliver automation tools that improve the availability, scalability, latency and efficiency
- Implement and enforce process for change management, emergency response and capacity planning & solve problems relating to mission-critical services