This company’s tools make it easier for people to create websites that tell their stories. They help everyone from individuals and local artists, to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses.
They are looking for a Software Engineer to join their team (already over 500) - headquartered in downtown Manhattan.
Their Edge Infrastructure team operate their own data centers, control all layer 4 and 7 traffic management, and orchestrate multiple network services to deliver the professional, high-quality websites and e-commerce stores to browsers all over the world.
They want someone who demonstrates sharp intellectual curiosity, a collaborative work ethic, and are able to:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software, including:
- load balancers
- reverse proxies
- internal HTTP caching layers
- web application firewalls (WAFs)
- multi-CDN integrations
- SSL/TLS integrations
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, reliability and performance of their network infrastructure and external CDN infrastructure.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Work closely with other Engineering teams and help maintain operational excellence.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Great understanding of technologies such as: Java 8, Netty 4.1, Dagger 2.5, & Clojure 1.8
- 4 years of software development experience in Java 6+.
- Experience with concurrency, multi-threading and synchronization.
- Experience in TCP/IP networking and programming.
- Experience in architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience with one or more of the following: HTTP, HTTP/2, SSL/TLS.
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL and key-value databases.
- Understanding of technologies such as virtualization, global infrastructure, load balancing, networking and security.
- Experience with caching technologies.
- Interest and willingness to learn and dive deep into all the qualifications stated above.