This company’s tools make it easier for people to create websites that tell their stories. They help everyone from individuals and local artists, to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses.
They are looking for passionate Software Engineers to join their team (already over 500) - headquartered in downtown Manhattan. Their Core Services team is in charge of building and maintaining the internal microservices framework and all the tooling around it. They are excited to bring individuals who can help build, scale, and support the services powering the features on their highly interactive web applications.
They want people who demonstrates sharp intellectual curiosity, a collaborative work ethic, and are able to:
- Write server-side code for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly
- Build and maintain platforms and systems infrastructure at the core of the company
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to deliver strong customer-focused experiences
- Displays a strong understand of tech stacks (Java 8, Spring Boot / Dropwizard, MongoDB / PostgreSQ, Cassandra, Jersey, RabbitMQ / Kafka, ZooKeeper / Consul, Git, Gradle)
- A strong understanding of, and practical experience with, Java web application development
- Deep experience in distributed systems, performance analysis, network systems, large scale storage systems, and web infrastructure, with extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Extensive programming experience in Java (strong OO skills preferred)
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- Strong understanding of database design, caching and scalability, and/or knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming are a plus