One of the top location intelligence companies - a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives - is looking for a talented Infrastructure Engineer to join their renowned team.
They are passionate about tackling tough infrastructure challenges (especially scaling problems), and look for others who like to dive deep into the code to help solve hard problems.
You should be comfortable running with your own ideas and eager to learn new skills on a bleeding edge platform. They are looking for someone can:
- Use a variety of tools, technologies, and languages - Scala, Hadoop, Python, Thrift, MongoDB, Memcached, Redis, Kafka, Chef, Aurora, Mesos, RocksDB, Luigi, & Pants. Experience with equivalent ones is just fine
- Rebuild their proxy tier to support more advanced load-balancing algorithms
- Improve the speed with which they can reliably continuously deploy their backend services
- Build a cost-effective and seamless way to run pipelines across their on-premises Amazon EMR
- Build a highly available, low latency, low footprint key-value store that can be deployed alongside business logic services in their Aurora cluster
- Build tools to analyze and optimize cpu, core, memory and disk utilization of services that run on their Aurora and Hadoop clusters