One of the top quantitative asset management firms, with over 600 employees spread across more than 20 offices in 15 countries, is looking for a Alternative and Financial Data Developer to join their team in Greenwich, CT.
They develop and deploy systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes in global markets, utilizing a proprietary research platform and risk management process.
They are seeking a diligent and driven application individual with strong hands-on technical skills, proven problem solving ability and excellent communication skills who can:
- Design and implement software to facilitate data integration with trading and simulating systems
- Adopt new technologies to improve existing frameworks of data flow and monitoring
- Work with Trading/Research departments in designing and implementing new data sets on premises and in the cloud.
- Implement and maintain software that interface with external vendors to bring in new data sets
- Implement the rules and procedures that ensure integrity in data sets
- Provide second level support to production support team regarding market data issues
- Collect and analyze statistics on market data applications and devise approaches to improve the relevant processes
- Design and implement systems that track and manage data availability, access and usage
- Demonstrated experience with C++ or other object oriented languages
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Perl, Python, and shell scripting
- Interface with database (such as MySQL)
- Have experience working under Linux environment, familiar with Vim or Emacs for editing files under the command line
- Degree in a quantitative or technical discipline from top university and strong academic scores (GPA, SAT)