Cloud Communications Firm
New York City, NY
Innovative cloud communications firm in NYC looking to bring on highly experienced DevOps engineer. This team currently operates across 26 different countries, and is partnered with top enterprise firms to increase team communication in a cloud based environment.
What You'll Do:
What You Bring:
- Serve as a key member of the DevOps team while managing the overall system health, performance, and capacity
- Build and implement CI/CD solutions in an AWS environment with Jenkins
- Automate the code delivery pipeline with the goal of one click deployments, rollbacks, and parameterized builds
- Manage the global AWS services and infrastructure
- Assist in the deployment and roll-out of new features and products
- Troubleshoot application and service issues or system outages while clearly communicating status updates with management and engineering teams
- Implement and develop tools/scripts to monitor and deploy a continuously growing environment
- Demonstrated expertise as a CI/CD architect and have at least 2 years experience building out CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong knowledge of the AWS environment including AWS VPC, Direct Connect, and VPN.
- Experience working in an Agile environment using Scrum process.
- Experience using git and deep knowledge of git branching/merging workflow, especially as it relates to automation and CI pipelines.
- Deep understanding of configuration management theory, implementation, and scaling.
- Experience implementing an artifact repository (Artifactory or Nexus) as part of the CI/CD workflow.
- Ability to integrate third party & propitiatory API’s into our automation and SDLC.
- Experience with Splunk, Redis, Puppet, MySQL, NoSQL, pub/sub, messaging, caching technologies, and data warehousing.
- Networking experience within complex environments using application load balancing, routing, switching, DNS, network firewalls, and web application firewalls.
- Deep troubleshooting experience that spans networking, Linux/Windows, and code.
- Extensive experience with Linux/Unix and scripting in bash.
- Strong scripting experience in Python, particularly in system automation and monitoring.
- Experience with containers, Docker, DockerSwarm Packer, Kubernetes, and ECS
- Google Cloud Platform experience is a plus.