Opportunities for experienced SRE's in NYC. Finance and/or investment sector; well-established AND startup environments available.
ROLE #1 REQUIREMENTS
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific discipline.
- Experience with Java, C, C++ is a definite advantage.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in at least one of: host based networking, linux/unix administration, systems programming, distributed systems, databases, and a desire to learn more.
- The ability to quickly leverage off the shelf and open source systems and utilities to rapidly provision production systems in a variety of domains, especially for multi-tenant use.
- A proven track record of automation and an algorithmic approach to solving problems.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, performance bottlenecks, etc.
- An understanding of the operational concerns in a demanding environment; ideally, but not necessarily, finance.
- Familiar with relational database concepts and have the ability to construct at least moderately complex SQL queries.
- Experience with authentication and encryption technologies like SSL, Kerberos and GSSAPI.
- Networking experience, analyzing packet dumps, multicast routing on hosts, packet filtering.
- OS/kernel experience such as familiarity with OS tunables, log analysis.
ROLE #2 REQUIREMENTS
- Love for automation, tuning and reliability
- Security is of paramount importance. Expertise in designing systems with security in mind
- Solid system engineering experience as it pertains to managing CPU, I/O, Memory, Network
- Experience scaling high-traffic websites
- Systems administration experience including great scripting skills (Python, PHP, Ruby)
- Expertise in troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Collaborative by nature, eager to work across the entire organization
- Passionate about your work with a desire to problem-solve
- Versatile, fearless, and quick learner
- BS in computer science or a related technical field
- Experience designing AWS infrastructure and deploying and managing services
- Familiarity with provisioning and configuration management tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Good working knowledge of Linux
ROLE #3 REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer or developer working on high availability, large-scale distributed applications
- A strong understanding of the UNIX/Linux command line
- A passion for performance excellence and an engineering mindset
- Previous experience with data, statistics and latency numbers
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Extensive experience working with fault-tolerant approaches in a large-scale distributed environment with high performance systems
- A deep understanding of Internet and networking protocols, including IP multicast (PGM)
- Knowledge of network analysis and performance and application issues using standard tools (Tcpdump or Wireshark)
- 2+ years of Chef, Puppet or Ansible system configuration experience (error handling, idempotency, configuration management)
- Experience with virtualization and Infrastructure as a Service models
- The ability to handle periodic on-call duties as well as out-of-band requests