In 4 years my client has grown from a bootstrapped startup to the global leader in recurring billings/subscriptions, processing 10's of millions of payments every single week. Their team of 100+ is fully remote, so to be successful in this role you must be able to work independently, be dependable, and be available.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion the values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Write code focused on scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability.
- Collaborate with design, product and engineering teams across the company to build new features or update existing ones at scale.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge’s technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Work with engineering and product managers to understand roadmap priorities.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 6-12 years of relevant development experience in fast paced environments
- Knowledge of one of the following languages: Python, Go, Java, Nodejs, Ruby
- Proficient with Python, Flask, Jinja (or liquid) and collaborative tools like Git
- Experience with RabbitMq, Kafka, or messaging
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Self driven; a passion for taking ownership of your work and delivering outcomes
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact at a boot-strapped start-up
- Excellent communication skills, a team player with a ‘winning as a team’ attitude
- Strong computer science fundamentals - data structures and algorithms
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired