Our client is an international consulting firm specializing in advising government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders.
As the the Senior Database Administrator you will work on the establishment and maintenance of a single database merging pre-existing independent databases containing USAID programmatic data. The database will have both public and non-public user interfaces.
Primaries Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Data Architect in implementing a multi-year phased plan for development and maintenance of the database;
- Support Web Development Team on data-related activities such as query optimization, data loads, troubleshooting, and establishing new data load processes.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or commensurate experience.
- Twelve Years in IT with minimum of five years of related professional experience.
- Experience with Oracle 11g, PL/SQL, and complex SQL queries.
- Demonstrated practical experience with heterogeneous database conversions from design to implementation.
- Demonstrated practical experience with Erwin Data Model workgroup edition.
- Demonstrated practical experience with Data Cubes.
- Experience with data profiling and data analysis activities.
- Experience with Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL databases.
- Experience with SQL, dynamic SQL, and PL/SQL coding and troubleshooting.
- Experience with data validation and verification techniques.
The candidate must have solid teamwork capabilities, capacity to inspire and motivate junior staff, excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills, including with technical audiences and be highly motivated and responsible self-starter.
- Preferred knowledge in Informatica, R, XML, and JSON.
- Knowledge of AWS and CMS.
- Knowledge of SAS.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management, Data Vault modeling methodologies and analytical concepts.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for data warehousing.
- Knowledge of ETL and ELT design.
- Knowledge of NIEM.
- Excellent communication skills, work ethic and teamwork.
- Strong leadership, ability to persuade and represent USAID with other organization on technical areas of expertise;
The candidate must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for the required U.S. government security clearance for this project.