We’d love to talk to you if you love problem-solving, are highly organized, and interested in developing sustainable partnerships to get more kids learning in parks and greenspaces across the country. This is a fast-growing, social impact company founded by education and tech industry vets, that is redefining early childhood education. They offer high-quality outdoor classes where kids learn through play. They're hiring a Parks and Greenspaces Coordinator to help us bring these classes to more communities across the country. We know that diverse teams are strong teams; People of Color are encouraged to apply.
Roles and responsibilities:
Who You Are:
- Speaks passionately and persuasively about outdoor learning to location representatives at every level (town, city, county, and state) via phone and email.
- Initiates and builds relationships with location partners, develops contracts and agreements for operating and responds to inquiries from Leaders, families and partners.
- Liaison with parks and recreation staff from towns, cities, and counties across the country.
- Provides empathetic support and encouragement to the company Leaders through the process of securing a location for their classes.
- Communicates efficiently and effectively across the team to ensure a seamless experience for our parks partners.
- Uses internal systems to build institutional memory for our parks and greenspace relationships, ensuring meticulous record keeping.
- Anticipates deadlines and pro-actively prioritizes and seeks out solutions.
- Contributes ideas to the broader central team, helping us to continue to innovate to support Leaders and partners as we grow.
- Love communicating on the phone! The majority of the communication with parks across the country is by phone and over email.
- Strong and persuasive communicator, both verbally and in writing, and are confident introducing the company to new locations nationwide.
- Confident negotiating to reach agreements.
- Genuine dedication to public greenspaces.
- Pro-active planner, able to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Can manage a caseload and prioritize shifting needs.
- Comfortable with technology and an ability to quickly learn new systems and processes.
- Efficient problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Desire to dive in the deep end and play on a passionate and dedicated distributed team.
- Bring one to five years of work experience.