Sales Development Representative Full-Time • New York, NY
Our client is on a mission to revolutionize the outdated mortgage industry by letting people shop, compare, and close any mortgage option from any lender, completely online. Purchasing a home is the largest, most important financial transaction of most people’s lives. They believe getting a mortgage should be just as simple, modern, and transparent as buying anything else online. They are building the first-ever, fully digital marketplace to make this possible.
Our client was founded by a diverse team of mortgage industry vets and software engineers and is supported by an incredible group of investors and advisors including Thrive Capital, SV Angel, Techstars, Corigin Ventures, and FJ Labs who have led or backed companies like Oscar, Compass, Lemonade, Slack, Airbnb, Stripe, Dropbox, Casper, and Warby Parker.
Who They Are Looking For:
They are looking for a self-sufficient, resourceful, and versatile individual to join their growing team. On top of being extremely mission-driven, you’re a great communicator (both written and verbal) and enjoy talking to people and building relationships. You’re excited to learn new things and become a subject matter expert, the mortgage process, and are always willing to go the extra mile to provide a great customer experience. This is a great opportunity to gain startup experience at a fast paced, early stage startup!
● Develop and execute on a strong prospecting plan of attack, including a combination of email campaigns and call scripts.
● Nurture and qualify inbound leads and make cold calls from a list generated by a variety of outside sources.
● Answer inbound customer inquiries and requests through email, phone and chat in a timely, friendly and accurate manner, converting leads to qualified prospects when appropriate.
● Educate prospects about our clients offering and nurture them until they’re qualified to speak with a Loan Officer.
● Track all relevant qualification and lead management activity using Salesforce.
● Be the eyes and ears of our product for our Product Development team. Turn customer feedback into product improvement, record problems that customers are having, and devise creative solutions to solve issues that arise.
● Compile a set of regularly asked questions to ensure support is consistent across users; Help create educational resources for their customers.
● Develop a thorough understanding of our product and gather product feedback and user insights in order to constantly improve the customer experience.
● Act as a business development representative for their realtor partners and build and foster partnerships with them under the guidance of the Head of Partnerships.
● Startup experience heavily preferred.
● At least one year of sales development/business development experience (Lead gen, cold-calling, email outreach).
● Experience with SaaS a plus.
● Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills, thoughtful, driven and upbeat.
● Previous account work in Salesforce or a similar CRM is a plus.
● Experience in real estate or finance a plus.
● Ability to manage and prioritize a large number of tasks without micromanagement.
● Willing and able to learn quickly. Self starter with a “No task is too big or small” attitude and an ability to work collaboratively across several teams.
● Excited to join a startup and put in the hustle required to get things done!