Our client is in the enterprise software space, with debugging technology that automates the finding and resolving of bugs. The company was founded by some of my former AppNexus colleagues, and they're some of the nicest but most technically competent people in the industry. They've got strong funding, a who's who client list, and quality benefits.
They're looking for a sales engineer to consult with prospects and customers to drive adoption. They'll engage with the customers to learn their needs, then architect solutions to address those requirements.
- Identifies customer needs and pain points and creates a vision for addressing them with our product
- Educates customers and prospects on the product through demos and training sessions
- Creates material supporting the sale based on customer metrics, analytics, and value creation
- Partners with Sales leaders to drive the sale by navigating the customer organizational structure, decision makers, and buying process
- Engages customers to expand product use to new projects, additional languages, and other teams in the organization
- Prepares sales reports to summarize pipeline and engineering requirements, and works with internal teams to meet customer expectations
- 5+ years successfully leading sales engineering for a technical product
- Highly analytical, creative problem solver
- Passion for talking tech with engineers and talking business with C-levels
- Balance between technical depth and business strategist
- Thrives in fast-paced startup environments