This early-stage startup is positioned to make a major impact thanks to a novel approach, strong funding, and a leadership team of veteran entrepreneurs with a proven track record of founding and establishing successful high-tech enterprises that have created outstanding value for shareholders (both team-members and investors) as well as for customers.
We are looking for a talented Product Designer with a diverse portfolio demonstrating mastery of craft and a track record of results: the design of engaging experiences that created positive outcomes for both the customer and the business. Your demonstrated skillset must span all areas of design: analysis of user needs, the architecture of layouts, flows and interactions, and detailed aesthetics for both written and visual content. You should have experience working directly with Product Managers and Engineers to prioritize, specify, and deliver user experiences.
User Research Responsibilities
- Craft intuitive and shippable product experiences, leveraging industry best practices.
- Produce design deliverables utilizing the Sketch app, Invision and/or other prototyping tools:
- Detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, taxonomies/folksonomies, paths to purchase, etc.
- Wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interaction recommendations
- Detailed visuals / mockups
- Lead cross-functional design reviews for all necessary deliverables
- Evaluate competitor and industry websites to provide a meaningful analysis of the findings
- Prioritize, plan and help conduct user research, including the following techniques: user interviews, usability testing, task analysis, contextual inquiry, card sorting
- Produce design deliverables utilizing the Sketch app.
- Support and influence product planning and prioritization.
- Be extremely familiar with user experience design, product management, engineering, and agile development environments and be able to turn complex use cases into intuitive and shippable product experiences.
- Establish design acceptance criteria for the product and ensure that the implementation meets design standards.
- Play a leadership role in resolving unclear direction or unknown variables
- The ability to engage in strategy discussions. Weigh tradeoffs between business, technical, and customer needs.
Degree in Interactive Design, Product Design or a related field
- 5+ years of Product Design experience including shipping multiple successful B2C products as a design lead
- Experience shipping novel products from conception to go-to-market, IOT experience a plus
- Experience with Android and iOS Native app design patterns
- Ability to define and execute a user research process for new and existing products
- Proven ability with both design oversight and hands-on creation of user experiences and visual design deliverables, including user flows, wireframes, typography and information design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it
- Extensive mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, and InVision, with a strong understanding of when design teams should be using each tool
- Proven track record in information architecture, interface design, and service design