As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a software engineering team in building products while maintaining a high quality bar with scalable and reusable technology. You will be mentoring, coaching and inspiring software engineers on the team to take on new technical challenges and grow their careers. You will lead the team in looking at problems in new ways and inventing simple solutions to complex problems. This is a hands-on role.
We are looking for exceptional Software Engineering Managers who are experienced people managers, developers, and leaders with vision.
As a software engineering manager, you will:
- Join one of the cross-functional development teams and contribute hands-on to products and infrastructure.
- Act as player-coach and champion engineering standards.
- Develop and mentor engineering and leadership talent.
- Lead technical planning.
- Contribute to strategic and tactical product planning.
- Be responsible for the delivery and operation of high-quality software that helps the company to grow.
- You have a track record of leading high performing teams that successfully deliver scalable products in an agile technology company or a startup.
- You have strong hands-on technical skills and can contribute to coding and architecture.
- You are recognized as a leader and authority by your peers.
- You recognize that the success of an engineering team comes from its engineers, and you are passionate about coaching, mentorship, and career development.
- You keep abreast of broad technical change across the industry.
- You recognize the value of performance, reliability, and scalability of systems.
- You regularly anticipate technical issues and make architectural and design decisions to avoid them.