Our client is looking for an engineer to lead a new dedicated front end engineering team. As the engineering team and business have grown, they've identified the need to form a dedicated front end function, and need an experienced senior engineer to help build this team by providing technical vision, mentoring engineers, leading recruitment and defining standards and processes. This team will own a variety of functional areas including embedded UIs, the partner portal, internal tools and a consumer-facing website.
In this role, you will:
- lead development of applications built on the latest versions of React, Angular and Typescript
- provide authoritative expertise on industry best practice
- define common tooling and architecture shared across applications
- maintain and iterate on an advanced continuous integration pipeline
- write and provide feedback on RFCs for new features in a collaborative design process
- review code with an emphasis on readability, maintainability and standards
- define hiring standard and processes for the team
- you have 4+ years experience working as a professional software engineer, including experience leading an engineering team
- you have deep experience working with browser technologies, especially with modern frameworks and tools
- you have experience defining and implementing abstract architecture used by many applications
- you have a meticulous attention to detail, in both your own work and when reviewing others'
- you excel at designing and delivering functionality in a collaborative setting
- you're eager to master new technologies and techniques