This learning platform is used by hundreds of thousands of employees across the largest, most innovative organizations in the world. They are looking for an outstanding engineering leader to help scale the platform, collaborate with the product team to ship new functionality, and help us assemble a world-class engineering team.
The VP of Engineering will: oversee the day to day leadership of the engineering team; own the goals that encompass everything from hiring, uptime, reliability, and availability; set the technical initiatives and successful delivery of features.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years managing high-performing teams of 7+ engineers
- 8+ years of engineering experience
- Experience working at a fast-paced, small technology company (<100 employees)
- Have led the development and delivery products that have scaled
- Demonstrated passion for and success in attracting, assessing, and closing highly skilled candidates
- An inspiring motivator, supporter, and quarterback for the team, with a welcoming and supportive personality
- Expertise in managing an agile development process
- Past success creating processes that define a high-quality and enjoyable engineering culture
What you'll do:
- Day to day management of the engineering team: near-term, leading engineers directly; medium-to-long-term, leading engineering managers as the team scales
- Be a strong career coach and mentor; help engineers grow to be tech leads, and guiding all others towards success
- Craft a hiring plan to scale the engineering team and build a pipeline of extraordinary candidates
- Work closely with the product leaders to scope new features, iterate on existing features, and ensure product releases are delivered on agreed upon timelines
- Drive technical, architectural, and organizational decisions, making sure they build a scalable, efficient, and maintainable infrastructure
- Participate regularly in company all hands, executive meetings and board meetings on engineering goals and progress.