Hedge funds have revolutionized Wall Street through their trading strategies. However, beyond parlaying their investments, they are always looking for new and innovative ways of seeking out truth in the world. Our client is building a unique and revolutionary system to understand human capital. They are looking for Data Scientist, Software Engineer, or Product Owner.
- Research into systemized decision support for people management
- Contribute to the core conceptual model for a systemized management product
- Own creation, refinement, and rationalization of our algorithms
- Design and conduct experiments to demonstrate the value of our algorithms
- Work with heuristics and small data, and propose performance metrics for the same.
- Employ good statistical intuitions, particularly around unsupervised learning
- Explore practical approaches to a complex problem space
- Prototype, evaluate, and refine ideas in code
- Arrive at practical conclusions that can be shipped
What you’ll need to have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player
- Ability to prioritize well and identify pragmatic, impactful approaches to complex problems
- A creative, original, and agilethinker
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Computational Social Science, or similar field
- Approximately 5 years of experience developing production software on a team, Ideally in Python with exposure to git, AWS, Spark
- Approximately 5 years of applying statistics in a work environment
- Has led the roll out of a new software product or of substantial new features in an existing one
- Experience developing algorithms and heuristics
- Experience with “small data”
- Experience designing experiments and evaluating results. Comfortable proposing evaluation metrics.
What gives you the extra edge:
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Computational Social Science, or similar field
- Organization Psychology background
- Previous experience with People Analytics and/or psychometric assessments
- Breadth of experience
*All of NIAH clients are confidential and equal opportunity employers. If you fit the bill, apply, and we will see what we can do.