A fast-growing environmentally conscious eCommerce business is building out their creative, marketing and product teams in Los Angeles. They are focused on their business having a positive impact around the globe, and as such they've donated $1.2MM to their charity partners to help fund sanitation projects in developing countries.
They’re in the process of overhauling the site with an agency, rebuilding it on Magento 2 with some heavy duty integrations. Before they launch the new site they want a brilliant full-stack developer who can ensure the site always stays functional, lead the continuous adaptation and optimization of performance, build out new functionality, manage the front-end developer (and future dev hires!), and build processes to ensure the team stays as efficient and happy as possible. While they’re looking for an experienced PHP/Magento 2 developer, they’re also looking for a great leader and collaborator. Someone who can mentor other developers and work closely with other teams to translate technical solutions into a language that everyone can understand.
You’ll be leading the tech team, reporting to the co-founder, and collaborating closely with people across the company.
Who you are
- Must be a Certified Magento Developer, and have successfully launched and managed Magento 2 sites
- Thorough understanding of ecommerce best practices related to security and data integrity.
- Excellent knowledge in Object Oriented PHP (5+ years of professional experience, not including internship and school projects, is a must). Version control experience required
- Experience and comfort building robust custom extensions and deep integrations with 3rd party services through RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, i.e. MySQL (5+ years experience)
- Write clean, readable code and tests
- Experience managing other developers/engineers (2+ years) and hiring/building teams (ideally with some remote team members)
- Experience developing and managing processes to ensure high productivity and reliability (scrum, kanban, or other agile methodologies a plus)
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and translate complex technical explanations into language other teams can understand (not just developer-speak)
- A deep hunger to grow and learn
- A desire to use your skills to have a positive impact in the world
- A love of Easter Eggs and a damn good sense of humor
- Basic understanding of the Adobe Suite and/or Sketch
- Hiring and growing a tech team from 1 to 5+
- Multi-national e-commerce experience
- Experience building integrations with Chargify or similar subscription API