Our client is simplifying and digitizing the world of insurance, from buying policies to filing claims. They're looking for a Product Designer with 5-7+ years experience to own large portions of product experience, and empathize with the users. It will be important to be very hands on, and navigate between the strategic and tactical.
- Lead Product & Feature Ideation: Help us close the gap between our business goals and our current product state through creative, analytical, and strategic thinking.
- Build Prototypes: Collaborate with engineers to bring your ideas to life through whiteboarding & “post-it” sketching, Principle/Flinto/Framer interactive designs, and live code.
- Employ Qualitative Testing: Lead an ongoing series of user interviews and tests and translate the learnings into tangible product designs.
- Employ Quantitative Testing: Architect and design multivariate experiments (A/B tests) and use the learnings to validate ideas and dictate future product direction.
- Create System Designs: Establish holistic user journeys (vs. piecemeal feature design) by establishing consistent information architecture and detailed wireframes/user journeys where necessary.
- Create Polished Visual Designs: Go the last mile and demonstrate your “design craft” through a mastery of layout, typography, visual hierarchy, and brand. As the product grows, you’ll help maintain our style guide of visual and UX patterns.
- Demonstrate Technical Understanding: Communicate naturally (i.e. know how things works beyond the design layer) on technical topics with our engineering team during the design and implementation process.
- Help Define Culture: Spread design thinking and enthusiasm across the organization and beyond through giving talks, participating in open-source projects, or writing blog posts.