Hedge funds have revolutionized Wall Street through their trading strategies. However, beyond parlaying their investments, they are always looking for new and innovative ways of seeking out truth in the world. Our client is building a unique and revolutionary system to understand human capital. They are looking for an architect, devops engineer, software engineer, or even a data scientist.
- To focus on statistics within software development
- Build software architectures that can be practically implemented
- To embed analytical models into the software infrastructure
- Develop high quality code that can be implemented and ready to scale
- Ownership of the software algorithms
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Computational Social Science, or similar field
- Expert or near-expert in Python and/or Scala (7+ years of experience)
- 2-4 years of experience applying statistics and/or statistical learning algorithms.
- 3-5 years using relational databases and SQL, developing and deploying software to a production environment, and using distributed version control such as Git or Mercurial
- Understanding of the practical implications of common statistical learning and statistics algorithms.
- Experience with Apache Spark, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and a containerized environment (e.g., Docker)
- Five years working in a collaborative, team environment, and able to prioritize well
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and spoken form.
Things that give you the extra edge:
- Master’s or Ph.D degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Computational Social Science, or similar field
- 9 years of experience applying statistics and/or statistical learning algorithms
- 7 years developing and deploying software to a production environment
- Experience with Apache Airflow, Kubernetes, and People Analytics
*All of NIAH clients are confidential and equal opportunity employers. If you fit the bill, apply, and we will see what we can do.