Back End Engineer (Scala/Play/Redshift/Postgres)
The client is a global investment firm with offices in New York, NY, Menlo Park, CA, and Hong Kong. The firm manages $10+ billion in assets on behalf of individuals, nonprofit organizations, and institutional investors by focusing on high growth investments in the technology, media, and telecommunications space in both the public and private markets. Their investment approach consists of making a small number of investments based on rigorous proprietary research. They look to have a multi-year holding period, an approach which has led to uncommon returns for the investors through a broad range of market conditions over the past 15+ years.
They're seeking an engineer interested in joining the backend team in building the Investment Analytics platform and data pipeline/warehousing backend for datasets ingested from APIs, remote databases, and purchased data feeds. You would help build systems for job scheduling, data anomaly/QA detection, process monitoring, and efficient storage/querying. The current infrastructure uses Scala, Play, Redshift and Postgres but they are always open to well thought out alternatives. The ideal candidate will have experience and opinions on database architecture and best practices when building high throughput data systems. This role offers the opportunity to take ownership of the sections of the architecture and offers technical freedom/creativity.
- Strong professional Scala experience (minimum of 3 years of hands on experience)
- Experience with end web development for high transaction consumer facing website OR capital market experience (Not critical)
- PostgreSQL / MySQL or other open source database technologies.
Nice to have:
- AWS experience
- Experience working in Finance industry or related
What's in it for you
- Opportunity to work in a lean team with the very brightest in New York and the Silicon Valley
- Competitive salary with generous year end bonus
- Opportunity to choose and work with cutting edge architectures and web services
- Delicious breakfast and lunch prepared by the office’s private chef
- Free personal training sessions with the trainer at the office’s private gym
So, if you are a talented Scala developer looking for a ground floor, challenging, highly creative opportunity, please apply today!