What you'll do:
- Manage the cloud infrastructure. You will manage the staging and production Microsoft Azure cloud deployment spanning dozens of VMs and hosting a variety of different applications including web application, data pipeline, and internal tools.
- Scale out the company. As the company continues to scale, you will play a crucial role in optimizing development automation, the expansion of the services and internal infrastructure, and reliability.
- Work extensively with open source technology: This is an open source shop where you’ll work extensively with modern open source software like Linux, Docker, Jenkins, Spark, and Zeppelin.
- Interact with a diverse team: You will collaborate closely with the data engineering, frontend/backend engineering teams, and teams at Microsoft to enhance the infrastructure.
- Experienced with the cloud: You have at least one year of experience working with Azure, AWS, or GCE and have provisioned/managed deployments with dozens or hundreds of VMs. You also have at least one year of experience managing database deployments such as SQL Server, Postgres or MySQL.
- Obsessed with automation: You have at least one year of experience with automated deployment tools such as Docker, Ansible, or Chef and understand the importance of immutable and fully replicable infrastructures.
- A Linux enthusiast: You are comfortable operating in the Linux command line and have a good understanding of operating system conventions.
- A Database expert: You have a deep understanding of how databases work including indexes, replication, query plans, and schema design.