What you'll do:
- Bring transparency to the financial markets: You will bring transparency to $13T of consumer lending by enabling customers at banks, hedge funds, and credit originators to quickly extract insights from large private and public datasets.
- Develop using a modern, open source stack: You will develop on top of a software stack that includes React, Redux, D3, Node.js, Scala, and Spark. We continuously evaluate and adopt new open source technologies to solve customer needs, so the skills you develop here will serve you well beyond this role.
- Interact with a diverse team: You will collaborate closely with other teams to create great products. This includes working closely with the product team to understand the customer story, design team to understand the motivation behind the UI/UX, and the data engineering team to understand the most efficient way to query that data.
- Gain knowledge of the financial industry: You will have an exclusive view into the system that enables Americans to afford houses, cars, and college. You will learn about the participants, terminology, and mathematics behind this sector of the financial markets.
What you are:
- A well-rounded engineer: You have a deep appreciation for engineering fundamentals. You understand the importance of writing tests, designing systems for long-term maintainability, and evaluating both sides of common engineering considerations.
- Design-oriented: You value beautiful design and intuitive UX. You enjoy working directly with designers and product specialists to make the customer experience amazing.
- A visualization enthusiast: You are a data enthusiast and understand the value of visualization in communicating data insights. You have experience using D3.js, SVG, or Canvas API to create visually stunning and insightful graphs and charts.
- Curious to expand your financial knowledge: You are excited to learn more about the intricacies of the financial system. You are adept at learning on the job and unafraid to dive into technical finance books.