A Kevin Ryan (Zola, Gilt Groupe, MongoDB, etc.) startup needs a senior Mobile Eng!
About the Role
We are seeking talented mobile software engineer to join us. You will help us develop our first mobile apps, targeting iOS through Clojurescript, React Native and Swift. We are a Clojure-centric organization (see stack below) and require candidates to have some exposure to the Clojure ecosystem and a desire to work in Clojure/script. Mobile engineering will play a critical role in strategic positioning. You will:
- Work closely with the product and design team to get new features out to our users, fast and with high quality
- Bring your knowledge of mobile UX to bear on our ambitious roadmap
- Learn and share functional programming techniques as we hone our tools and approaches
- Attack hard software problems in our new mobile stack
- Help ensure uptime, performance and user experience are delivered without compromise
Our stack is:
We seek to hire outstanding individuals who embody our DESIGN principles: our people are Diligent, Engaged, Scrappy, Innovative, Genuine and Nurturing. You’re a great fit if you enjoy tackling big problems head-on, take your work seriously (but not yourself), do your best when collaborating with others and thrive in a team-oriented environment.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2-5 years or more of software engineering experience, most recently focused on mobile and iOS
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Love, or at least deep affection for functional programming
- Ability to think on your feet and express yourself in code
- Prior startup experience where rapid prototyping is balanced with solid, scalable platform engineering
- Ability to thrive in a (lowercase) agile environment guided by just-enough process
- Passion for quality software, techniques and processes to accomplish continuous improvement
- Extra consideration for people experienced with React Native and Clojurescript bindings like Re-natal.